Saturday, October 16, 2010

Documents submitted, Jaden's passport recieved, next step?

We received Jaden's passport today! Just a couple days shy of three weeks, without paying the fee for expedited service, and they said it would take about 6 weeks. Praise God!

A member of the most recent team to Ecuador brought back the documents that I needed from Luis and the notarized translations of all the documents that are in Spanish. I was able to get them on Thursday afternoon, I then went to make the appropriate copies and got them sent out by 5:00 Thursday evening. I already paid the fee for the visa online, due to a donation, so the next step according to the NVC is to wait for them to send me his interview date.

Once we get Luis' interview date, I am hoping and praying that Jaden and I will be able to go and be there for the interview. Once we get the date, Luis will have to go and get the $180+ physical and have all of his medical records reviewed before the interview. At the interview hopefully all of the paperwork will be in order, we are to bring originals of everything we can along with Jaden's passport and birth certificate, and any information proving our relationship (pictures, letters, emails, etc.)

Provided everything goes well, they will make a decision the same day and we will leave his passport and go back to get it a week or so later and be on our way!

Please pray with us:
  • For everything to go smoothly
  • That Luis will be home before Christmas!
  • That all the paperwork would be present and accounted for.
  • For funds for tickets
  • For Jaden and I traveling alone.

1 comment:

The Bohns said...

Yay!! Sooooo Close! I hope he gets to Maine soon for your family's sake. I can't imagine how hard it must be on you two. Lifting up my prayers! Love You!!!!